Welcome to UnitingFloors, your go-to source for stairway sanding and polishing.
Your home’s staircase is a focal point that makes an impact on visitors in addition to serving as a practical component. Along with being physically beautiful, it should also be practical, safe, and pleasant.
Uniting Floors is here to provide helpful advice on keeping your staircase in excellent shape since we recognize the importance of keeping it well-maintained.
Why Sanding and Polishing Staircases Is Important
Maintaining your staircase’s aesthetic appeal and usefulness is essential. Staircases can develop wear and tear over time, which makes them appear filthy and old. Your staircase must be polished and sanded as part of the restoration process. While polishing restores the luster and makes your staircase appear brand new, sanding eliminates rough areas and stains to leave a smooth surface.
Many homeowners downplay the significance of this maintenance, but it must be carried out at least occasionally every few years to maintain the longevity and aesthetics of your staircase.
Let’s start with the detailed procedure:
- Step 1: Prepare your workspace.
Clear the space around the stairs to capture dust and prevent stains. Then cover any nearby surfaces with wipes or plastic sheets.
- Step 2: Eliminate Loose Debris and Dirt
Clean the stairs using a brush. This procedure makes the sanding process more seamless.
- Step 3: Sanding
Start by removing previous finishes, scratches, and flaws using coarse-grit sandpaper. For optimal results, sand along the direction of the wood grain. To get a smooth surface, gradually transition to finer grits. Remember to sand the corners and edges properly.
- Step 4: Clean up
To get rid of the sanding dust, cover the entire area. Wipe the steps with a moist cloth to remove any last bits of dust.
- Step 5:Repair imperfections
Check the staircase for cracks or openings. Use wood filler to fill them in and allow them to cure as the manufacturer directs. Gently sand the mended portions.
- Step 6: polishing or staining
Follow the stain or polish application instructions on the container. Apply several coats evenly if necessary, allowing each to dry in between completely.
- Step 7: Finishing touches
Examine your recently polished and sanded staircase. Add more layers of stain or polish as necessary for a richer finish.
Why Choose Uniting Floors for Staircase Sanding and Polishing?
- Experience and Knowledge: We have extensive knowledge in the wood flooring sector. Our staff is made up of specialists in stair maintenance.
- Safety First: We place a high priority on safety and carry out in-depth inspections to find and eliminate any risks. Your staircase will continue to be safe because of our thorough approach.
- Exemplary craftsmanship: In Melbourne, we have a remarkable reputation for producing work of the highest caliber. High levels of client satisfaction with our services are a regular theme.
- Knowledge of Wood Types: We know the subtle differences between various types of wood, such as solid, veneer, and engineered wood. We can offer specialized solutions for your particular staircase thanks to this experience.
- Items Made of Non-Dry Abrasives: We only use the best materials, such as non-dry abrasive products, to achieve a superb finish. Our selection of materials ensures both enduring beauty and functionality.
- Integrated Service: Uniting Floors offers a service that includes sanding and polishing to enhance your staircase. We take care of every action required to restore the aesthetics of your stairway.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What regions does UnitingFloors serve? We service clients throughout Melbourne.
How long does the sanding and polishing of a staircase take?
The duration can change, but the job is generally finished in two to three days.
Are kids and dogs safe during sanding and polishing?
When our products have dried, they are non-toxic and secure for your family and pets.
Can I select a special stain color for my staircase?
Definitely! We provide a variety of stain colors to suit your tastes and decor.
How much do sanding and polishing stairs cost?
A free estimate is available from our staff, and the price will vary based on the size & condition of your staircase.